Sunday February 11, 2018
Develop a decent Design and Media skillset
The world of blogging is vast and foreign. Makes the learning process daunting yet exciting. I took some notes and here are the main elements identified as areas of focus:
- WordPress Environment and Website Development
- Website Management
- Design and Media
- Content Creation
- Social Media Engagement
Design and Media
So, to take on element 3 above, I have signed up for a class at Udemy: Ultimate Photoshop Training: From Beginner to Pro. I also spent time watching videos about Adobe Spark.
My current level of expertise in Creative Suite: zero.
My goal is to develop a solid mental map (a.k.a., foundational knowledge) of the full Creative Suite, but I’ll start with:
- A deep dive in the Photoshop pool, which will take me some time before being capable of producing shareable content
- A not so deep, but fast immersion in Adobe Spark, which is a simpler and more streamlined tool that I can immediately put to use to produce media. In the meantime:
- I can explore the more powerful applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Slowly develop my own workflow for media processing; design an elegant system to manage images, videos, Google Cloud, Adobe Cloud, Adobe Bridge, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
For element 1, I finished reading the two books I listed a couple of weeks ago. Now, I’m enrolled in WordPress Developer for Beginners by wpmudev. I just learned though that I’m not a beginner, but a pre-beginner. Being very comfortable with HTML, CSS, and PHP is a prerequisite for the class. Oh boy, this doesn’t end…
Latest from the Blog
In 2018, I want to explore and learn the world of content creation for websites. I came up with a wishlist: As a way to maintain the motivation, discipline, and direction, I defined very simple rules: Dedicate at least one hour every day to this initiative...read more
Saturday January 20, 2018 Learning the building blocks of Wordpress I'm new to the Wordpress world. I set up this website in one weekend by purchasing the Divi theme and a child theme called Ally. I have added a few plugins that other bloggers recommend: Smush, Yoast...read more
Imagine yourself crossing the threshold of Hagia Sophia as a random tourist visiting Istanbul. You’re wearing your blue jeans, white sneakers, and a t-shirt with the Nike logo on it.
Now imagine yourself crossing the threshold after having read the above passage. The distance is unmeasurable, isn’t it?
Now imagine you are entering the church on 28 May 1453.read more