Indisputable answers to the questions that have been asked since the beginning of time… of travel photography time.
Q: What type of camera should I buy for travel photography?
A: A camera that takes photos
Q: What is the best camera hands down?
A: The one you have in your hands
Q: I don’t get to travel often, how can I become a better travel photographer?
A: Follow the daily practice:
- Make a choice: sunrise or sunset
- If you picked sunrise, set your alarm clock for 1 hour before sunrise
If sunset, leave work 15 minutes before sunset
- Identify a spot with a view on your way to or from work: your daily spot
- Get to your spot 30 minutes before sunrise or just before sunset
- Take eleven pictures
- Go to work, then home… or just go home
- Make yourself a cup of tea or a glass of wine or mountain dew
- Download your pictures and display them on a large screen
- Look at the pictures… do you like the composition?
- Look at the settings used for each picture: ISO, shutter speed, aperture
- Visit your daily spot… every day
Latest from the Blog
In 2018, I want to explore and learn the world of content creation for websites. I came up with a wishlist: As a way to maintain the motivation, discipline, and direction, I defined very simple rules: Dedicate at least one hour every day to this initiative...read more
Saturday January 20, 2018 Learning the building blocks of Wordpress I'm new to the Wordpress world. I set up this website in one weekend by purchasing the Divi theme and a child theme called Ally. I have added a few plugins that other bloggers recommend: Smush, Yoast...read more
Imagine yourself crossing the threshold of Hagia Sophia as a random tourist visiting Istanbul. You’re wearing your blue jeans, white sneakers, and a t-shirt with the Nike logo on it.
Now imagine yourself crossing the threshold after having read the above passage. The distance is unmeasurable, isn’t it?
Now imagine you are entering the church on 28 May 1453.read more